Get your Workplace Involved
Bike to Work Week has been postponed until September, 2020. Please check back here for more information.
Bike to Work Week is a great way to encourage co-workers to try cycling to work at least one day during the event. People who bike to work quote benefits of being less stressed, more relaxed and rejuvenated, and experience increased sense of well-being.
Employers benefit from their employees biking to work too! People who bike to work have a lower absenteeism, take less sick days, are more productive, and are happier, healthier employees.
How do I get my workplace involved?
- Register (click the Registration button up top)
- Sign up as a Team Leader (you can assign this role to someone else in your organization if you want to later)
- Create a Team
- Tell your employer about the event and about the team you created
- Ask your employer to help encourage employees to join the team
- If you work in a large organization, you will want to consider asking people to create departmental teams, multiple smaller teams. This will enable you to have friendly competitions within your organization
- Contact the coordinator in your community and get posters to hang in your workplace, or download and print a poster (Click here to download posters.)
- Talk to your employer about creating safe bike storage
- Talk to your employer about organizing prizes for workplace competitions
- Hold an information session at lunch to RALLY your team
- Click on the link to read about ways in which you can motivate co-workers to participate
Articles & Resources:
- 4 Cell Phone Aps that are Making Biking Safer: www.biketowork.ca/blog/four-cellphone-apps-are-making-biking-safer
- Giddy up: How to Make Commuting a Happier Experience: www.biketowork.ca/blog/giddy-how-make-commuting-happier-experience
- Guide to Choosing the Right Bike for You: www.biketowork.ca/guide-choosing-best-bike-you